Saturday, May 22, 2010

‭IMAGINING HIM OPENING MY E MAIL

by Lyn Lifshin

the look on his face,
startled‭? ‬A grin‭?
Nauseous‭? ‬A huge
laugh‭? ‬Let’s say‭
he was on Candid
Camera‭– ‬the lens
moves on,‭ ‬focuses
on his fingers.‭ ‬Do
they pause‭? ‬Could
they delete without
opening‭? ‬Could I
be so unlike the‭
woman he made‭
up I suppose‭ ‬2‭ ‬years
ago and could only
long for when I was
the whole country
away‭? ‬Once he
wrote me he might
leave,‭ ‬go to Europe,
just fuck.‭ ‬Maybe‭
he saw me as all
those cities,‭ ‬my jacket
and books hostage
in his room and‭
when I picked them
up without anything
happening,‭ ‬I became
cock tease‭ ‬#‭ ‬722
as the camera moves
in to see him hit,‭ ‬since
he can’t touch me,
the delete button


*Lyn's website: http://www.lynlifshin.com/books.htm

No comments:

Post a Comment