by A. A. Veitch
There are no true kings among men in this time.
No empathetic rulers with authentic hearts that aren’t
on cards to play with in the political field.
Greatness seems to have died in the older age.
No justice to be dealt to the bureaucrats for
knowable transgressions against their own.
No fears instilled in the rich of the poorest
class rioting for their entitlements.
And the downtrodden, laying down to keep where
the higher ranks dictate a poor person to reside.
There is an immense lack of reverence for the
working class in this foible-sword-blade society.
Humility has long since decayed on a wire.
You’ll find none of it in the hollow White House.
None of it in any political house of any color.
Emotions and ethics have expired in the era
where anything is acceptable, tolerable.
These are the days the government takes money
to make something pliable and legal.
This is a farce parodying as democracy; don’t
mistake what your eyes are witnessing.
You will never see these contemporary dictators
fighting the battles they began and standing
on the front lines with their own
wrists outstretched alongside their men.
We are standing on the face of the sun, yet others
will lie and tell you it doesn’t burn.
Where is the dream of One to inspire a nation
where nobody has to die for its birthed
and wed realization?
- ► 2010 (224)
- Whiskey and tooth pain
- The Peahen
- AFTER THE MURDER AT THE HOLOCAUST MUSEUM
- DAYS BEFORE THE DAY OF THE LONGEST LIGHT
- WALKING BACK FROM BALLET, JUNE 17
- "Just Remember to Translate Your Hand Movements In...
- BLACK RAIN, HIROSHIMA
- SHE SAID THE GEESE
- IN THE VA HOSPITAL
- Night Moves
- Ten Gallon Hat Dance
- cribnotes for paradise's tribunal
- SOME LOVERS
- PASSING ARLINGTON CENTER
- OTHER LOVERS
- "Down at the J and Flying"
- "Words of the Unprofound"
- FORCING BUDS
- Duck Hunt
- That Person
- Honeymoon in the Garden Apartment
- UNHOLY BOWLING
- “INDEED, WHY DIDN’T WE?”
- WHY DIDN’T WE?
- REMEMBERING LATER IT’S THE ANNIVERSARY OF WHEN MY ...
- get it together
- LIKE FALLING MADLY IN LUST WHEN JUST HEARING A DEA...
- I’M GLAD YOU ARE AT PEACE
- I STARTED OUT ON BURGUNDY
- Once Southbound
- Country Cafeteria
- The Freeway to the Interior
- Private Moon
- spiders and crows
- WOULDN'T YOU LOVE TO HAVE ME
- Poem For A Political Poet
- emily dickinson’s attic
- June and July 1968 Revisited
- my folks
- THAT DAY, MY BIRTHDAY
- against forgetting
- “Kingless Days”
- Living with Jesus
- ▼ November (46)