Tuesday, August 31, 2010

thank god I’m a poet

by Tommy Hobbe

I scraped this dog shit poetry off of the sole of my soul

with a termite infested wooden prosthetic hand

and splattered it onto the back of an unpaid parking ticket


it’s as lovely as chainsaw sodomy preformed post mortem

feels like I’m holding up my warm slimy intestines

for the leisurely perusal and cockeyed judgment of zombies


it all began when some modern lit teacher said

that my bloody vomit looked like abstract art

since that moment I’ve crucified my pride daily


so that chronic spiritual masturbators

could watch this trailer park freakshow with outraged eyes

and be reassured that they're not as fucked up as some people


2 comments:

  1. Absolute poetry ripped from the depths of your bowels and fuc*ked out on the steps .YOU go dude
    (Laura Whelton)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing. Have never read anything like it.

    ReplyDelete