Sunday, April 11, 2010

COOKIE LADY

by Mike Berger

Traffic was fierce.‭ ‬I was running late‭;
the‭ ‬Bell hop gave me a wink as I
took the elevator.‭ ‬I had the usual
room,‭ ‬paid by the company.

The john was a squatty aerospace
engineer.‭ ‬The service had checked‭
him out.‭ ‬He was a negotiator on
a multimillion dollar contract.

He was shy even embarrassed.‭ ‬He
was unconscious of his wedding ring.
He twisted it a dozen times.‭ ‬I must
admit he wasn't much of a lover.‭ ‬Out
of the room I put on my wedding band.

This was my Thursday ritual‭; ‬leaving‭
the kids with my husband and heading
out to my‭ "‬art class‭"‬.‭ ‬For an hour's work
the pay was great.

I stopped in the bar for a drink.‭ ‬I needed‭
to unwind.‭ ‬Then I was hit on by a good
looking guy.‭ ‬What is this world coming to‭;
he could easily see I was wearing a‭
wedding ring.

No comments:

Post a Comment